LEMMON PEELS

Get 'em while they're fresh! Get 'em while they're still Lemmons!

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years…

So, Cecily wrote a blog last night and ran it by me. It was pretty funny. I contributed like .000001% of an idea to it, and so I figured I had better write a little something something myself... I mean we can't all get pooped on, but I've got stories... oh, let me tell you, I've got stories...

Like... did you know that the word poop comes from the Latin term Puppis, which is that raised part in the back of a boat, aka the poop deck. I always thought that it came about the other way around. I guess I just figured that those poor pirates had nowhere else to go on the boat; so when nature called they took it to the back of the ship... swabbing the poop deck just isn't as gross anymore.

Speaking of Latin, I have a test on Friday. "O Latine, Moriere! Moriere! MORIERE!" I hope none of the originally intended sentiment in that statement gets lost in translation. Although I do hope that my translations on the test get lost in my professor's office so that he is forced to give me an automatic "A". And so that he doesn't laugh at me when he grades it.

But a overweight and classically nerdish professor laughing at me alone in his office isn’t quite as bad as my whole nerdy rhetoric class laughing at me to my face, as they did a week ago when I came to class with two bags of ice strapped to my butt. It wasn’t the bulge under my sweatpants that was so bad, but the puddle that filled my seat by end of class. I stood up, my saturated rump sagging behind me, and tipped my desk as a river of “water” spilled onto the floor. In the midst of shocked expressions and stifled laughter my only defense was to pull down my pants… okay, so I was wearing spandex underneath. The point was to show melted ice was the responsible party and that I didn’t need depends. Yet. Still, because of a strictly enforced honor code, the spandex exposure didn’t go over well either. Needless to say, the desks around me stay strangely empty these days.

Hopefully we’ll have more luck keeping people around our blog… but I’m not holding my breath. I’m not holding anything. Except when I’m in rhetoric… I’m holding it.

6 comments:

Julina said...

That. is. great. I soo wish I had been there!

Nan said...

LOL...I almost peed my pants

Anonymous said...

Ice, ice baby...

Anonymous said...

if you haven't already:
http://paperairplane08.blogspot.com/

and also, i love you.

-Stef

Anonymous said...

At least it was a "puddle" you were dealing with in your class. What if it had been the "poop deck"?
Olympus prohibeo! Dedecus quod opprobrium!

okie_gal said...

It was icing and wrapping butts (along with taping green feet, ughh!!!) that caused me to cease being an athletic trainer. :) You are probably the only person in the Y's history who has dropped their pants in class. Not really a running record, but still a claim to fame! :)